Monday, August 22, 2011

Gaming Update: These don't really count as a backlog

Gears of War:
We just recently got an XBox and with it I really wanted to play the Gears of War games. I'm partway through it and it's just as awesome as it was. However, there are noticeable texture load issues, but that's ok. I think I'm either halfway through or getting close to it.

God of War:
G___ of War time it is. This is another game that I didn't play when it originally came out. I recently bought the HD remakes for PS3 and am looking forward to playing through them. I'm about 2 hours into the first game. I remember being skeptical of this game when it first came out, but I think I was only like that out of loyalty towards Devil May Cry 3 (which is an amazing game that I love). I'm looking forward to working my way through this one as well so that I can get on to the sequel and hopefully the third game.

Outland:
If you're looking to this game as Ikaruga but with platforming you'll likely be disappointed. If you look to this game as an action platformer with Ikaruga in it then you'll probably be very happy. My perspective going into it was as a platform game lover, so I've been quite pleased. I was initially concerned about how interesting/difficult the color change mechanic was going to be but it's turned out really well. Some of the sections are very fun and the game is absolutely beautiful. I'm three bosses in and just want to keep going.

Once I finish with these diversions I'm going to reroute my attention back to Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Super Paper Mario, Lunar Knights, and Deathspank.