Friday, June 3, 2011

Dreams: I'm a lame wizard.

It has come to my attention that I have started having strange dreams. I've been told that they are so weird that I should write them down somewhere, so here I shall do so. This dream happened some time in the past week.

In this dream, magic was real. It was a real thing, that normal people did and they went to school for it. I had missed out on learning magic in high school and college and decided to begin learning it after college. I was unfortunately forced to enroll as a graduate student even though I'd be taking very low level classes.

As a graduate student I was required to teach courses to lower level students. However, professors (and graduate students) are randomly assigned classes and I was unfortunately assigned a fifth year course in magical history, despite being only a second year student. Terrible person that I am, I had done absolutely no preparation for the first day of class. No syllabus. I hadn't even read the book that we'd be using for the course, The Fall of Eru Ilúvatar. If you know, Eru Ilúvatar is the god of Tolkien lore. Although in this dream setting, he was a powerful wizard.

Naturally, I'm on my way to the first day of class and I run into a professor that I didn't like, and I don't think he likes me. In the dream, he was played by a professor that I've had in the past who I don't like very much. We had a short discussion, with him asking me shitheaded questions such as "How prepared are you for your first day?"

I break away from him and rush to class, where I plan to fill time with everyone introducing themselves and also by going over what limited information that I knew about the book. Of course, while we were doing this, I noticed that one of the female students in the class had her nose buried deep in a book and I saw that she was already over halfway through with our book for the course.

Fuck. I had tons of reading to do that night.