Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Backlog Update

Image via theskywardsword.com
I'm currently working on a few games, alternating between them to help me get things done.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
This game focus is on Big Boss building an army in order to overcome the enemy. A major component of the gameplay is recruiting troops in the battlefield. My only problem is that the recruitment is rather tedious. After a unit get's knocked out, they have to either be dragged back to the truck, or to another soldier of yours that's on the battlefield. The dragging process gets tedious. I understand that it needs to be difficult so that people can't max their army that easily. But dang!

I'm looking forward to Peace Walker after I finish this but I wish that I had someone to do the co-op with. Maybe I'll be able to find a way to get Sarah to play with me.

Pixeljunk Shooter 2
I've actually beaten this game, but I just need to collect all of the jewels so that I can access the secret final level. It's a truly excellent game and I've loved every minute of it.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
I'm actually a good deal through with this game, I just need to finish it. The central tower structure is similar to Phantom Hourglass except that it doesn't require you to go through sections that you've already complete.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Playing things out of order? You BET I am. I spent some time boating around and trying to check out all sorts of secret areas but I just need to get back on track and try to kill me some dungeons.

After I beat those two Zelda games and get around to beating Zelda 1 (yes, I'm a terrible person), I will have completed every Zelda game (minus the CDI ones, of course), until something new comes out. Oh...wait, I forgot about Majora's Mask. So much work to do.