Monday, October 3, 2011

Sexuality & Gender Surveys

Some great music from PixelJunk Monsters

I want to do a survey (or series of surveys) that covers a wide array of questions for people of different sexual orientations and genders. I have always found sexuality to be a very interesting subject and would love to collect some hard data on how people of varying sexualities and genders differ in other ways.

There's a problem, though. I'm straight, myself, and I don't travel very deeply in the communities of those who are. I'm not sure that I could fully and best design these surveys and find interesting ways to look at or analyze the data that comes out of them. I may not ask all the questions I should ask to get interesting information. I may ask questions that aren't interesting. Lastly, I would probably definitely need help to make sure that all the wording and phrasing was both accurate and respectful.

I can't see being able to design one form that would cover all possible combinations, so it would seem that multiple surveys would be necessary.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that I go through with this, I would need some help. You could even say that I need a committee to help me. I need people who are closer to this than I am. I need people who can help me design and spread these surveys. Contact me in whatever way you can and I can get this process rolling. If you want it, I'll credit you in any materials having to do with these surveys.

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps.