Friday, July 22, 2011

Happenings

Many things have all happened today. The first was that I went and got a haircut this morning. I'd been putting off getting one for a long time because I'm cheap AND lazy. My hair was way too long for the heat that we've been having, plus it would need to be cut just in case I had a job interview (or something important like that).

Speaking of....later in the day, I received a call from my mom, who had just run into an old friend whose company they work for is in dire need of someone who can work with SAS. She told her about me and I've sent off my resume and talked to some people already and I'm 90% sure that I have a full-time job. I may find out on Monday that I'll have a job.

Then this afternoon, right as I was about to make a phone call concerning this job, I received a phone call from Acxiom wanting me to interview for a job that I had applied for with them. This one would be a DBA Assistant, which wouldn't be directly what I want to do on a permanent basis, but it would be something, I set up the interview for Wednesday, but I'll cancel if I get this other job since I'd rather do something with my field (for obvious reasons).

Clearly, I should have gotten a haircut sooner, since Occam's Razor dictates that all of this happened because I finally got one. It would suffice to say that I'm REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

::fingers crossed::