Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Semester in Review

One more semester over, one more semester closer to getting a real.

I've been on the statistics track at UALR for the past year and a half.  I started as math but decided to change to statistics at the end of last summer.  I've really been enjoying the different subject material.  I particularly enjoy the way that it seems more applicable and useful in getting a job.  I enjoy how it empower me to be able to analyze information and be able to draw conclusions from data. 

This last semester I took Advanced Statistical Methods 1 (I'll be taking part 2 next semester), which taught me many of the various tests that statisticians use to hep make decisions.  In Introduction to SAS, I learned how to program in SAS, which will enable me to perform calculations rapidly and easily, as well as transform data.  In Financial Mathematics, I learned about many of the tools that financial people use to make money and insure against losses. 

I had to teach 2 sections of Intermediate Algebra, which was a very eye-opening experience.  Learning how to explain the concepts that I know so well is challenging.  I don't even really know what to say. 

Blig Blog Blergh.