Now, there are tons of things at play here, and the dungeons that I'm getting are also a result of player behavior. Perhaps players often drop out of Drak'tharon Keep? It's important to remember that the Dungeon Finder is subject to player behavior and isn't just taking 5 people and tossing them into a dungeon.
If you are savvy enough with spreadsheets, here's how to make your own.
- Make a column for each of your characters, and a row for each Heroic. I only used the old dungeons in the randomness calculations since the other ones are new and thusly I should have fewer runs of.
- Calculate the total number of times that you have run each Heroic.
- Calculate the total number of (old) Heroics that you have run and divide that by 12. That is the number of times you would have run each dungeon in a perfectly random world. That number will go in every cell in the expected column.
- Difference is the absolute value of expected minus total ( eg: =ABS(F4-G4) )
- Chi-partial equals the square of difference divided by expected (=Difference^2/Expected)
- Chi square is the sum of all the Chi-partials =SUM(H2:H13) on mine
- Degrees of Freedom is 11 (12-1, it's a statistics thing)
- Go to http://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/experiments/analysis/chiCalc.html and enter Chi-square under X^2 and 11 for 2.
- Calculate and multiply by 100 to get your percentage.
My actual percent chance that this was completely random was 0, but I knew that was a rounding error so I changed it to what I put there.