Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Alco-post

(I'd just like to note that I drank a beer REALLY fast and on an empty stomach before writing this)

Wow, so I'm almost done with school.  For REALS this time.  Just one more class this summer and then I'm through.  (Something about the word 'through' there doesn't look right to me)

So for those who don't know, it seems likely that I have Asperger's Syndrome, which is a type of autism.  Wikipedia tells me that one way that some autistic people cope with social situations is by emulating those that they are around.  Do what other people are doing, that way you can't be wrong.  At least, that's the logic.  What I'm getting at is that it's not good that I'm reading hyperboleandahalf, because it's making me crazier than I already am.  If you read that, you'll get the impression (and she'll happily confirm it for you) that she's got issues.

Of course, none of this would be a problem if Eric Schmidt would just let me hang out with him, then I could be a successful CEO.  (If you're reading this E.S., call me)

This whole revelation about myself (which I had long before I learned about Asperger's and autism) is disconcerting.  Who am I really?  I'm like Ditto, from Pokemon, except I'm useful for more than just breeding.  Seriously though.

I might worry that some people only like me because I act differently around them, and that this would somehow make the friendship a lie, but then I usually get distracted by my ADD.

It's nice to know that my ADD is protecting me from my Asperger's.

Thanks ADD, for always being there when I need you. :hugs: